Hello Everyone and welcome back to my channel!
Shakshouka is an north African and Israeli breakfast dish of poached eggs in a spicy tomato and pepper sauce! It is one of my all time favorite dishes and I hope you try this recipe at home as it will definitely wake you up in the morning!! Its easy and delicious so let’s go:
Ingredients for 2 person:
- 2 peppers (red and yellow)
- 1 medium size onion
- 500g of tinned tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 table spoon of cumin
- 1/2 table spoon of chili poweder
- 1/2 table spoon of tumeric
- 1/2 table spoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 table spoon salt
- 1/2 table spoon pepper
- 1 table spoon of yoghurt
- (optional) rye bread
- Chop the onion and the peppers into medium size chunks and start frying them in a pan with some olive oil until they start turning soft
- Add the tinned tomatoes and some vegetable stock, put the lid on and let it simmer for 10 min until the vegetables have further softened and the tomato sauce starts thickening
- Add all the spices and let it simmer until you get a really nice thick consistency
- Take some of the coriander and finely chop it and add it to the pan
- Reduce the heat and then form little wholes in the sauce and crack in the four eggs.
- put a lid on and let it steam for another 10 min or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Serve it with a table spoon of natural yoghurt to take away some of the heat and i love to have some rye bread with it. Add the coriander leaves for garnish!
Please try this recipe its incredible!!! I hope you enjoyed it and let me know if you liked it!