First of all, wow, you are here, and you have decided to finally start your new food blog. I am so happy for you. I remember the anxiety before I started my first Blog 11 years ago, but it has been the best choice I ever made. And I know this can be true for you too!
Food blogging is something so exciting and beautiful. Sharing your best recipes, food photography, and delicious meals you discovered while exploring the world. Out of all blogging niches, food blogging is my favorite too. Your food blog can be a place to share your new recipe creations with the world and improve your photography skills to inspire your audience to live a happy and healthy life!
In this short guide, I want to go over how to start your new food blog from a technical side. Setting up your Blog can feel very overwhelming, but actually, it does not have to be so hard.
In the video below, I take you through the process step by step; all you need to do is follow along. I know you can do this. The process in the video is how I recommend you to set up your site. I know there are many tutorials out there, many providers, and different options.
But listen. My setup is what I believe to be the easiest and best solution, which will help you start a blog that you can grow and nurture and which can help you build a life that you love.
Are you ready?
Let’s not waste any more time and let’s set up your Blog together right now:
First of all, grab your free downloadable guide which goes with this post here:
How to Start a Food Blog in 2020 (Hosting + Setup)
To start a Food Blog in 2020 (a website), you need three things:
1. Blog Hosting
Your blog hosting is where your website is stored and managed on the internet. For this, you will need the help of a service called Siteground. You can start a WordPress Blog at SiteGround for no less than $3.95/month.
2. Blog Domain
The second thing you need is a domain. Your domain is your blog name a.k.a, your domain name, a.k.a, your URL. The great thing is that if you don’t have a domain name yet, you can get it together with your hosting directly at Siteground for about $13.95/year. We will set this up in the video tutorial together as well.
3. WordPress (CMS – Content Management System)
Once we have set up our hosting and domain, we can pretty much forget about it. Awesome right. Once you set this up, we will spend all our time in WordPress. WordPress is the backend of your Blog. It’s where you create your amazing recipe posts, upload your images and video, and so on. Even better news! WordPress is free. We also set up WordPress together in the video below.
Now, this is it. That’s what you need to start a blog. These are your two non-negotiables when it comes to cost. And I know you can find 50 bucks somewhere to change your life for the better.
Everything else you can add later, you can get for free or upgrade and buy if you want to.
So this is it, are you ready? Amazing, let’s do this. Let’s now set up your food blog together in the next 10minutes:
>>> Click here to Start <<<
Here is a quick overview of the blog setup steps we just covered:
- Head to SiteGround to Start your Food Blog in 2020 here. Then select your preferred hosting plan:
2. Now you can choose your Domain name. If you already have a domain name, then select “I already have a Domain” to connect it. If you don’t already have a domain, please press “Register a Domain.” Type in your preferred name to check if no one else is using it. If not, press proceed.
3. After that, please fill in your contact and billing information.
4. After successfully filling in your information, you will now need to set up your WordPress account. Just follow SiteGround’s instructions, or if something does not work, ask for help in the live chat here.
5. Now that SiteGround has successfully set up your hosting, domain, and WP Blog, we can forget about it for now and switch over to WordPress. WordPress is your Content Management system. This just means it’s where you will spend most of your time creating and designing your amazing Mom Blog.
Wow, we have made it through this guide on “How to Start a Food Blog in 2020”.
Please let me know in the comments if it worked and share your new Blog, so I can go and check it out!
Also, I know it can feel a bit overwhelming at first but please let me know if you get stuck anywhere.
I am so happy for you and can’t wait to see your blog pop up. Down below, you will also find a lot more resources to help you once your Blog is set up.
For now, that’s it from me, Talk to you soon,
Need help setting up your Blog check out this step by step Guide
Beginner Guides Related Posts:
- How to Name your Blog
- The 3 Pillars of a Blog
- The 7 most important Steps before your Launch your Blog
- How to choose your extremely profitable Blog Niche
- How to start a blog with BlueHost (I recommend SiteGround but here is a tutorial for BlueHost)
Branding + Themes Related Posts:
- Check out my Full Guide (+2 Video Tutorial) on How to “Install a Blog Theme” e.g. Bluchic
- How to Brand your Blog
- The Most Popular Blog Themes Ever!
Blogging Tips Related Posts
- 6 Tips for Blogging in English as a non-native English Speaker
- How to use Time-Blocking to Boost your Productivity as a Blogger
Creating Traffic Related Posts:
- How to use Pinterest to grow your Blog
- How to use Tailwind to skyrocket your Traffic
- How to use Tailwind Tribes to explode your Blog Traffic